- About us
- Tickets and Subscriptions
- Past Seasons and Past Events
- Program Notes
- Carson Chamber Singers and Carson City Symphony Chorus
- Strings in the Schools
Canzona (Facebook page)
- Not Quite Ready for Carnegie Hall Players
- Silver Strings (separate website)
- Zephyrus Brass Quintet
- Performer, Soloist, and Board Information
- Membership Information and Application
- Links to other sites
- Orchestra Rehearsal Schedule and Location
- Contact Us
Carson City Symphony was founded in 1984 as the
Carson City Chamber Orchestra and gave its first concert in October that
year. It is a community orchestra
open to amateur and volunteer professional musicians.
Members come from all walks of life and have ranged from elementary school
students to senior citizens.
The Symphony performs five or more concerts each year for
audiences in Carson City.
has performed in Minden, Gardnerville, Fallon, South Lake Tahoe, and Virginia
City. We play many works by contemporary composers and have commissioned and
premiered several pieces.
One Hundred Percent Giving Board Award for 2015
from Community Foundation of Western Nevada
The Carson City Symphony Assoc. is a member of the
Carson City Downtown Business Assoc.
Carson City Symphony Home Page
|June 2016 Newsletter online|
|You can see a highly readable version of our June 2016
Newsletter online (634 KB). This will download fast. Just click on the image at right.
Pianist Maria Fomina Performs with Symphony
Sunday, Oct. 16, 2016
The Carson City Symphony kicks off its Thirty-third Season on Sunday, Oct. 16, 2016, with guest pianist Maria
Fomina at Carson City Community Center, 4:00 p.m. She will be performing Beethoven's First
Maria Fomina was born in Moscow into a family of musicians. She started studying piano
at age 5 and made her debut with a symphony orchestra at age 8. She studied at Moscow Music
College, UCLA, and the Manhattan School of Music, where she was granted a full scholarship
and earned a Master of Music Degree in Piano Performance (2001). Her teachers included
such distinguished musicians as Vitaly Margulis and Solomon Mikowsky. She has performed
in solo recitals in the USA, Russia, Belgium, Spain, Germany, France, Luxembourg, Japan
and Turkey. She has also appeared as a soloist with Moscow Symphony, Tenerife Symphony,
Southwest Symphony, Delaware Symphony, and other orchestras. She has an extensive
repertoire, which includes Mozart (Concerto No. 27), Beethoven (Concerto No. 1),
Rachmaninoff (Concerto No. 2, Rhapsody on a Theme by Paganini), Prokofiev (Concerto No. 3),
and much more. Maria is a winner of several international competitions, including the
California International Young Artists Competition and Houston Symphony Ima Hogg Competition.
In addition to her active performance schedule, Maria has had extensive academic and
private teaching experience. She has been a teaching assistant of Professor
Solomon Mikowsky, and an instructor at the Moscow Tchaikovsky Conservatory while
she was a post-graduate student.
(Note: This concert was originally scheduled for Oct. 23, 2016.)
Some Recent Events
Some 2016-2017 season concert dates
- Sun., Oct. 16, 2016 - with pianist Maria Fomina at Carson City Community Center, 4:00 p.m. (Note: This concert was originally
scheduled for Oct. 23, 2016.)
- Sun., Dec. 11, 2016 - with Carson City Symphony Chorus at Carson City Community Center, 4:00 p.m.
- Sun., Feb. 26, 2017 - with saxophonist Brian Landrus at Carson City Community Center, 4:00 p.m.
- Sun., April 23, 2017 - with violinist Stephanie Sant'Ambroglio and poet Rita Geil
at Carson City Community Center, 4:00 p.m.
- A Sunday in June 2017 - Pops Party Concert at the Governor's Mansion with Carson City Symphony
Chorus, 3:00 p.m. (tentative)
- Tue., July 4, 2017 - "Fourth of July" concert at Mormon Station State Park in Genoa, NV (tentative)
Some 2017-2018 season concert dates
- Sun., Oct. 22, 2017 - at Carson City Community Center, 4:00 p.m.
- Sun., Dec. 10, 2017 - with Carson City Symphony Chorus at Carson City Community Center, 4:00 p.m.
- A Sunday in February 2018 - at Carson City Community Center, 4:00 p.m. (tentative)
- A Sunday in April 2018 - at Carson City Community Center, 4:00 p.m. (tentative)
- A Sunday in June 2018 - Pops Party Concert at the Governor's Mansion with Carson City Symphony
Chorus, 3:00 p.m. (tentative)
- Wed., July 4, 2018 - "Fourth of July" concert at Mormon Station State Park in Genoa, NV (tentative)
Discount Flex Pass -- Can't commit to concerts dates in
advance? Get a Flex Pass! Flex Pass tickets are good for four
admissions to any Carson City Symphony and Carson Chamber Singers concert(s). You may use the pass any way you
choose: bring four people to one concert, two people to two concerts, etc.
Season tickets and flex passes are on sale now. Call 775-883-4154 or download a PDF form from
and just mail it in with your check.
Interested in being a member of the Carson City Symphony Association, and support all our non-profit
work? Just download a membership form in PFD format from our
and mail it in with your check. It will be appreciated.
To join the Carson City Symphony or Carson Chamber
Singers, call 775-883-4154.
For Association membership information, click here.
For feedback that we have received on Carson City Symphony concerts,
click here: reviews.
Read about Carson City Symphony's Strings in the Schools program.
This season's concerts have been made possible, in
part, by a grant from the Nevada Arts Council, a state agency, and the National
Endowment for the Arts, a federal agency.
The orchestra is a licensee of ASCAP and BMI, and a member of the
and the League of American Orchestras.
David C. Bugli, Music Director and Conductor, has a
Bachelor of Science Degree in music education from Ithaca College, New York,
where he studied composition for four years with Karel Husa. He has a Master
of Music Degree from the University of Massachusetts. In addition to
conducting, he plays classical and jazz piano, tuba, and trombone, and he
composes and arranges music. He is also adjunct faculty at Western Nevada College.
Conductor David Bugli
David C. Bugli, Music Director and Conductor
Carson City Symphony
PO Box 2001
Carson City, NV 89702-2001
Phone: (775) 883-4154
Fax: (775) 883-4371
Send us your comments from this page.
Most Symphony rehearsals are on Wednesday nights (late August through late May), 7:00 p.m. to 9:15 p.m., in the band room at
Carson High School, 1111 N. Saliman Rd., Carson City.
- - - LINKS - - -
The Carson Chamber
Singers is a choral
group that has been associated with the Carson City Symphony since 1985. The Carson City Symphony
Chorus is a larger version of this group.
For chamber music, see the Silver Strings.
For youth string programs, see Strings in the Schools.
For information on events at the Brewery Arts Center,
Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St.,
Carson City. Map
Carson City Symphony is funded, in part, by the Nevada Arts Council, a
state agency, and the National Endowment for the Arts, a federal agency;
Carson City; the Community Foundation of Western Nevada; and private donations.
This page last updated 8/26/2016