CARSON CITY SYMPHONY, CARSON CHAMBER SINGERS,
AND "STRINGS IN THE SCHOOLS"
~~~ 2007-08 Concerts ~~~
• Friday, October 19, 7:30 p.m., House Recital and dessert: Raven Ridge Media presents violin virtuoso Andrew Sords in recital at a private residence in Jacks Valley. With pianist Rachel Ing. Program. Tickets $20 general; $10 Assoc. members; $5 age 12 and under.
• Sunday, October 21, 4:00 p.m., Carson City Community Center theater, 851 E. William St., Carson City – "From Vienna to Area 51: A Musical Journey" - Symphony Concert conducted by David Bugli, with guest soloist Andrew Sords violin, and guest conductor/composer, Steven Rosenhaus. Entertainment in lobby by aliens from the Wild Horse Children's Theater begins 3:00 p.m. Meet composer/conductor Steven Rosenhaus at a Preview in the Sierra Room 3:15 p.m. Concert 4:00 p.m., and meet the soloist in the lobby after the concert. Program.
• Thursday, November 15, 7:00 p.m., Plaza Conference Center – Carson City Symphony's "Strings in the Schools" youth orchestra Fall Concert. Admission free.
• Sunday, December 9, 4:00 p.m., Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. - "Holiday Treat" Concert - Carson City Symphony directed by David Bugli, and Carson Chamber Singers directed by Judy Monson. Pre-concert entertainment in the lobby by the Symphony Flute Ensemble begins at 3:00 p.m..
• Saturday, December 15, 7:30 p.m., Brewery Arts Center Performance Hall - "Welcome Winter: A Musical Celebration" - Symphony musicians, Gairin Celtic duo, and narrator, Rita Geil, present Celtic and other holiday entertainment, including "A Child's Christmas in Wales." Tickets - $12 general admission, $10 for students, seniors, and BAC members - are available at the Brewery Arts Center office, 449 W. King St., and online.
• Sunday, February 24, 4:00 p.m., C.C. Community Center - Symphony Concert with guest soloist Christopher Hayes, trombone.
• Saturday, April 5, 2008, 7:30 p.m., Brewery Arts Center Performance Hall, 511 W. King Street, Carson City—Carson Chamber Singers Spring Concert featuring Ralph Vaughan Williams' "Dona Nobis Pachem" with guest soloists Jennifer Tibben-Lembke, soprano, and Stuart Alan Duke, baritone.
• Thursday, April 10, 7:00 p.m., Plaza Conference Center, 211 E. Ninth Street, Carson City - Carson City Symphony's "Strings in the Schools" youth orchestra Spring Concert - Beginning violins, violin ensemble, and youth orchestra conducted by Sue Kitts. Admission free.
• Saturday, April 26, 7:30 p.m., Carson City Community Center and
See video of the April 26, 2008, concert at http://www.weshootvideo.net/video/CCS042608video.htm
Sunday, April 27, 4:00 p.m., Oats Park Arts Center, Fallon - "Grace and Passion" - Symphony concert with guest soloist Lillian Roberts, soprano. Tickets: $12 general; $10 seniors, students, & Assoc. members; free age 16 and under. Flute ensemble in lobby and concert preview precede the concert.
• Friday, May 16, 2008, 7:30 p.m., Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St. - "Strings in the Schools" students perform at World Dance Open Floor's "Dancing for Donations" benefit for the "Strings in the Schools" program.
• Saturday, May 17, 2008, 3:30 p.m., Seeliger School, 2800 S. Saliman Rd. Carson City - Jazz Concert - "Jazz and Strings" concert featuring the Mile High Jazz Band and "Strings in the Schools" youth orchestra. Admission free.
• Sunday, June 8, 2008, 4:00 p.m., Governor's Mansion (outdoors) - "Pops Party" Concert—Symphony with Carson Chamber Singers, guest vocalist Jakki Ford, and "Strings in the Schools" youth orchestra. Admission free.
• Friday, July 4, Mormon Station Park, Genoa—"Pops in the Park" concert. Reno Philharmonic with Carson Chamber Singers and "Strings in the Summer" youth orchestra. Entertainment begins 1:00 p.m., full concert at 4:30 p.m.+
Summer 2008 Events:
• June 16 - July 31, 8:30-10:00 a.m., Carson City Symphony's Strings in the Summer 2008, a tuition-free program for string players of all ages. Three levels - each class meets once a week for six weeks. Each class features at least one new tune. Info: Sue Kitts 775-297-3437.
• Friday, July 4, Mormon Station Park, Genoa—Sierra Philharmonic League presents "Pops in the Park" concert. Reno Philharmonic with Carson Chamber Singers and "Strings in the Summer" youth orchestra. Entertainment begins 1:00 p.m., full concert at 4:00 p.m.
• Wednesday, Aug. 9, 10:00 a.m., Carson City Symphony's Strings in the Summer Concert at Carson Mall. Info: Sue Kitts 775-297-3437.
Return to Home Page.
This page last updated 9/4/08 (minor update 5/25/09)